Smoky Bacon Pulled Pork Pizza
Perfect for meat lovers, pulled pork makes an uber-flavorful pizza topper, especially in combination with the Smoky Bacon Cheddar Cheese Sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes Serves: 4
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 lb prepared pizza dough
1/2 cup Gehl’s Smoky Bacon Cheddar Cheese Sauce
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup prepared pulled pork
1/2 cup thinly sliced green pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. In saucepan, bring vinegar, salt and sugar to boil. Add onions; simmer for 1 to 2 minutes and remove from heat. Let cool; strain pickled onions (pickling liquid can be reserved and refrigerated for up to 1 week).
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease 14-inch round pizza pan; set aside.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough into 1/4-inch thickness to fit prepared pan.
4. Spread cheese sauce over dough, leaving 1/2-inch border for crust. Scatter cheese, pulled pork and green peppers over top.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and crisp. Top with pickled red onions and cilantro.