Balsamic Mushroom and White Cheddar Pizza
Simple and elegant, you won't believe how quickly this delicious pizza comes together. Made with Gehl's Supreme White Cheddar.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 lb thinly sliced mixed mushrooms
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 lb prepared pizza dough
3/4 cup Gehl’s Supreme White Cheddar Cheese Sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp red chili flakes
1 cup baby arugula
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease 14-inch round pizza pan; set aside.
2. Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook mushrooms, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are golden and tender. Add vinegar and honey; cook for about 1 minute or until almost all liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
3. On lightly floured work surface, roll out dough into 1/4-inch thickness to fit prepared pan.
4. Spread cheese sauce over dough, leaving 1/2-inch border for crust. Scatter cheese and mushroom mixture over top. Sprinkle with chili flakes.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden and crisp. Sprinkle arugula over top.