Broccoli Cheese Hand Pies
These portable hand pies are an ideal snack when you’re hungry and on the go.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes Serves: 4
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Steam broccoli in stovetop steamer for 3 to 5 minutes (or microwave) until tender-crisp. Let cool slightly, then chop coarsely into smaller pieces. Combine broccoli, mozzarella and cheese sauce. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
3. On lightly floured work surface, roll out dough into 1/4-inch thickness. Using 4-inch round cutter, cut out 8 rounds from dough, rerolling scraps.
4. Scoop broccoli mixture evenly onto center of each dough round. Whisk egg with 1 tsp water; brush a little around edges of rounds, then fold over to enclose filling. Gently crimp and seal edges using fork.
5. Arrange pies on prepared baking sheet. Brush with remaining egg wash; bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden and crisp. Let cool slightly. Makes 8 pies.